Whilst our focus is on delivering football development and education, it is equally important to ensure a safe environment and framework within which we operate.
Facts/Figures from the FA
Football is proud to have a network of 8,500 welfare officers across the grassroots youth game, supporting safe and fun environments for everyone.
Responsibilities- Welfare officers must:
- Be clear about the club’s/league’s responsibilities when running activities for children and young people.
- Help club/league personnel to recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and to actively play their part.
The SJFA Welfare officer is: Shafique Govani
Therefore, reminders and updates with reference to protocol and processes in our communication together with checks during training will be a regular feature to ensure our aim of maintaining the highest standards in line with the FA guidelines.
This component has been further underlined in the FA Level 1 Course, which 18 of our coaches are due complete by end of November.
Accident & incident Reporting Form
- SJFA has an Incident/Accident Reporting Form in place to record and act on situations that arise from injuries to addressing undesired behavior by players/coaches/management/parents.
Tier 1 Parents/Guardians:
- As communicated previously, Tier 1 parents / guardians MUST remain present throughout the training sessions.
- We would like to thank all parents for your ongoing support and co-operation on this area.
Tier 2 Parents/Guardians:
- Whilst it is not obligatory for Tier 2 parents/guardians to remain present, your presence is highly recommended.
- If parents/guardians do not stay, you MUST NOT leave the venue until the session has started (please note ref timing below).
- SJFA coaches will not take children to the WC and it is the parents’/guardians’ responsibility to do the necessary.
- Training for Tier 1-6 starts at 2.30pm and ends at 4.00pm.
- Whilst coaches will arrive early to prepare and set up for the sessions, they cannot take any responsibility for children prior to start time.
- Children MUST be picked up as soon as training ends.
More updates/information to follow in coming weeks.
Salaams & Duas