SJ ACTION PLAN COVID-19 (UPDATE 13/3/2020)
Stanmore Jafferys HQ is evaluating the current situation around corona virus and monitoring its developments on an ongoing basis. We are in constant consultation with the Hujjat COVID-19 Task Force as well as keeping up to date with Public Health England guidelines (relevant links at the end of this message).
Following the Hujjat Round Table meeting on Wednesday 11/3/2020 (https://www.hujjat.org/uncategorized/hujjat-covid-19-update-5/) and careful deliberation, Stanmore Jafferys will continue with sports activities for both Gents and Ladies subject to the availability and access to all our external venues and facilities.
PLEASE NOTE: Aldenham School has informed us that they have now cancelled all internal and external large gatherings and consequently Friday Youth Boys Badminton and Saturday Volleyball is called off until further notice. Please note Girls Badminton at Haydon School on Friday evening is still going ahead.
Decisions to change schedules or cancel sessions could be made at any time and we thank the membership for its co-operation as usual. SJ will continue to monitor the situation closely and update our members accordingly.
We would like to draw the members’ attention towards the following guidelines SJ are adopting for the safety of their attendees. To attend any sports sessions the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- Do not attend if you are unwell with symptoms of cough, fever or breathing disturbance. You must self- isolate for 7-14 days.
- Do not attend if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. You must self-isolate for 14 days.
- The ‘at risk’ category for the COVID-19 virus are the elderly (our Seniors Community) and those with underlying health conditions. We therefore recommend that extra precaution is exercised when considering participation in any of the activities if you fall into these categories.
It is important that members are fully aware of their responsibilities if they have recently arrived from abroad as set out by Hujjat and Public Health guidelines:
- Any returning traveller from Iran (or any other category A country) should self isolate for 2 weeks as per PHE guidance even if they feel well. On top of this, we insist that any returning Zawaar from Iraq or Syria should stay away from any SJ activities for 2 weeks after return even if they feel well.
- Anyone attending SJ sessions must adhere to adequate hygiene measures such as frequent hand-washing and placing used tissues in the waste bin to reduce the risk of infection. We would encourage parents to support us by encouraging their children to wash their hands before and after each session.
For any queries:
PHE – Action Plan