In line with The FA best practice, safeguarding at SJFA is of paramount importance. Successful certification of FA Level 1 First Aid Course is part of the basic criteria to become FA qualified and equally SJFA coach. Whilst the qualification is renewed every three years, SJFA aims to ensure there is an ongoing awareness of the fundamental know-how. This includes how to limit the effects of injury and how to promote recovery as well as ensuring appropriate care is given in various situations.
On Sunday 6th January, SJFA coaches engaged in an internal warm-up game followed by an hour long refresher course delivered by our own Dr Mohamed Abbas Khaki.
Following points were covered:
· Asthma symptoms and equipment
· Appropriate application of Ice Packs and Cold Spray
· Awareness of and course of action in case of Neck Injuries
· Awareness of and course of action in case of Head Injuries and Concussion
· Prevention of stretch injuries
· Basic Life Support
· Awareness of alternative compressions
The aim is to arrange two refresher courses during the year with next one to take place at the beginning of next season.
SJFA Welfare Officer