On 5 February 2020, 18 SJFA coaches attended an FA Emergency Aid Course in Stanmore.
The FA course provided the coaches the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to be able to attend a conscious or unconscious casualty.
This will ensure that the appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and takeover, or until an alternative healthcare professional(s) assumes responsibility for the casualty. It also offered the SJFA coaches the basic advice on how to limit the effects of injury and promote recovery.
The course content includes the following:
- Principles of first aid
- Emergency action planning
- Reacting to an incident/ approaching a casualty Primary survey/ secondary survey
- The recovery position
- Cardiac arrest
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for adults/ children
- Use of Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s) Choking
- Head injuries
- After an emergency incident