Ali Abbas Sulieman (GK)
Ali Zaman Alibhai
Ali Hadi Govani
Husayn Yahya Merali
Mohammed Mehdi Jahnmohammed
Mohamed Mehdi Panju
Muhammed Mehdi Dewji
I took the match today on behalf of our Head Coach Hussein who is currently working towards his FA Level 2 Coaching Certification.
Firstly, a huge thank you to:
– Ali Hadi’s dad, Shafique for running the line today/only parent there today/assisting with the boys
– Jameel’s dad Mustafa for Kit wash this week
– Gibran P (Coach – Tier 5) for doing the kit wash last week
– Zia’s dad Nazir for doing the linesman last week
– Ali Hadi’s mum for a HUGE round box of Celebration Chocolates which were sent for the Milad of Prophet (PBUH) which we gave out today after the Match.
To briefly summarise the match today in the words of the Head Coach of Holy Trinity who spoke to several of our boys at the end of the match for 3 minutes:
– The boys should be really really proud of themselves in how they played today and how much they have improved, how hard they have come and how far they have come since we last played them on 6 October. We lost that match 8-0.
– Once again today was a day of two halves, we played a satisfactory first half, closely faught (1-0 for 34 minutes) and they scored another soft goal a minute before half time.
– Second half we came out as a different team again, and pressed and threatened and EVERY SINGLE player played their part, and we played like a real unit, from defence-midfield-attacke and our efforts finally rewarded with a goal by Zia who played the number 9 role today very well (in place of Sami who was away today) with 15 minutes to play
– 2 minutes to play we were pressing for an equaliser pushing a their goal and lost the ball from our throw in by their corner flag, hit us on the counter attack, despite an excellent save by Ali-Abbas got a goal on the rebound taking the final score to 3-1.
The match really could have gone either way, very tight and very closely faught, which was reflected in the cheer and the relief when they got the third goal.
None of the boys wanted the second half to finish, they came off knowing they had competed!
We just need to figure out a way in which they can play both halves with the same confidence and intensity.
Man of the Match:
Ali Hadi (great tenacity, tackles and energy)
Ali Zaman (for only his second match, had a great second half and played very well alongside our Captain for today and the rock solid Centre Back – Shahid AP)
The improvement over the last two and a half months have been very significant, very evident, and each game the boys are growing into their own positions and getting a much better understanding of their roles in the team as a whole.
This was the last fixture for 2018.
The next fixtures are as follows: